Thursday, July 19, 2007

WELCOME HOME CAMERON




As you all know our brother got home yesterday from his mission in Hong Kong, China. They survived their 14 hr flight with a long layover in the middle and got in safely around 4:30 last night. It was so good to see him again and to see how skinny he was. I think he might be smaller than Jason now and those who remember what he used to look like know how strange that is. We got to spend a lot of time with the family last night and they brought us all back some wonderful gifts. There was some purses, traditional blouses for the sisters (which we are wearing to his homecoming), lots and lots of ties for the boys, jewelry, Cameron got a sword, toothbrushes for the kids and many other things. Cameron also had several funny comments while they were driving home. He said "they ruined it" as he drove down his new paved street filled with houses. It was also weird to him to drive on the freeway and see across the valley. Over there the buildings are so tall that you can't see anything and there are so many people you feel claustrophobic. Well, he is doing great and is glad to be home. He got several calls from china last night from members wanting to say good bye and make sure he got home OK. It was so fun to hear him speak Chinese. It is such an interesting language. Here are some pictures from the airport and I will post more from back at the house a little later. We are glad you are home CAMERON!!!
This was the first hello with an awkward hand shake. You can tell by their faces that they were good sports about it. They just couldn't stop laughing. (I remember that!)









Cameron meeting Kolsen for the first time. After he walked over to everyone else he just kept pointing at him and waving. It was cute!
Kolsen watching for Cameron to come down the hall. I think he was more interested in the cars though.
Just a cute picture of my gorgeous niece.

6 comments:

Brooke Brooks said...

That's so exciting that he is finally home. We wish we could be there for his homecoming talk. Oh and Lexi is gorgeous!

Brian and Jessica said...

Those are so cute!! I love the one of Cam and Kim!! Haha!! Holly is finally looking pregnant... she has what a month left?!? wink...

Anonymous said...

Wow, He is so skinny. We will probably see you on Sunday.

Tatum said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I am so excited, it was realy nice catching up reading about your cute growing family.

Tatum

Jesika said...

Woohoo! He's home! How fun for him to finally get to meet Kolsen! But, I have to say my favorite pic is of him and Kim! It just makes me laugh because I can't even imagine how weird it is to see each other again after 2 years! Whew!! :o)

Deanna Payne said...

I love all the fun pictures. Cameron looks GREAT! And that picture of he and Kim is pretty funny. I think I would be laughing too. How awkward. That picture of Lexi is beautiful. Has Lori seen it?