Saturday, May 22, 2010

My New LOVE!!!

So I have found something that I absolutely LOVE to do!! I made Kolsen a birthday cake for his 1st Birthday and it was a horrible mess with a lot of tears. So I thought for his birthday this year I would try again. I can't tell you how much fun I had doing it. I started by making everything from scratch which ended up being so much better. I had a blast doing it and it turned out pretty cute. I had so much fun that I wanted to make another one and try some different techniques. So I thought since Rachel is family and I could screw up her cake and she wouldn't care I would make one for her Graduation. I tried homemade fondant and learned how to work with that. There were a few rough points that Jason helped me relax through but all in all it was fun and turned out really cute! So on to cake decorating classes!!!

The disaster of a cake. Good thing he was only 1

Kolsen's 4th birthday cake. What a difference!!

Rachel's Grad Cake

3 comments:

Brian and Jessica said...

Kolsen's first birthday cake might not look the best, but it did taste GOOD! Ü I love Kolsen's and the one you did for Rachel is Awesome!! You can do the same one for Maci in 10 years when she graduates! (weird!) Our high school's colors are exactly the same as Rachel's!! Great job! It's so fun to find something we enjoy doing and it's creative, huh?! Can't wait to see you!! 2 weeks!! (less then actually, YAY!!)

aliciamae100 said...

Those look great!! Way to go sticking to it and figuring it out! I'm sure Kolsen and Rachel loved their cakes.

TheDickersons said...

Good job! I just might try it out again. I butchered Dylan's cake when he was 1, so you're not alone there. But unlike you, I haven't tried making another one since. I think I will stay away from cake decorating, for now. Really good job, Natalie.