
We have had such an eventful week this week. Jason has had spring break so we have been able to some fun family things. One of which was a trip to the phoenix zoo. We had so much fun and Kolsen loved to see the animals and get to run around. The only bad thing was on Tuesday or Wednesday he got a bug and has had diarrhea. So we would have to check him every few minuets to make sure it wasn't getting everywhere. Pretty gross I know, but the poor guy did such a good job and still had a lot of fun even though he didn't feel very good. He is doing much better now and hopefully the bug is through his system. We have gone through almost 2 packages of Costco diapers in the past 4 days which tells you how bad it was. Other than that we have been doing pretty good and have just been staying busy around the house and getting ready to pop this baby out. She is getting so big and you can see her moving so much now. I have started having contractions (just braxton hicks which aren't too bad) so I know she is getting ready to come. We are so excited to have her here and can't wait to meet her and introduce her to Kolsen. I have heard that it is a good idea to get the older kid a gift for when they come to see the new baby at the hospital. Did anyone else do this and if so, what kinds of things did you get? We would love to hear some suggestions. Hope everyone is doing good!!! 


Sunday, March 16, 2008
The Phoenix Zoo
Posted by The Davis's at 10:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Cute zoo pics! We did the gift thing for when we brought Clark home. "Clark" got Chase a train set and Mallory a princess dress up outfit with a crown. The first thing Chase said was "Oh, thank you Clark!" And he gave him a hug and a kiss. We told Chase and Mallory that Clark gave them a present because he was so thankful for them letting him come stay at their house - and for sharing their mommy and daddy. We also got that tip from a friend. Worked for us!
Very cute pictures of your family at the zoo!
Looks like you had fun at the zoo!! Poor Kolsen! Hope he gets over it soon!! Kernan got Maci a outfit for her bear (a baby outfit) when she got to the hospital we gave it to her... I've also heard of getting the littler ones (maci was 4) a baby doll. I know Jason will freak but that way if he wants to help with Cali :) you can have him go get his baby and do it to that instead of the real thing!! Can't wait to meet her too!!
Very cute Zoo pictures! Well I don't have any kids, but My mom and dad got Sarah a baby doll when Grace was born, Sarah was just a little over 2 when Grace came along.
The zoo looks so fun! I bet he loved that. I have been wanting to do that, but it is still too cold.
Poor guy, no fun to be sick. Aiden and I got sick last week too. Not fun. That is a way good idea to get them a gift. I haven't ever heard that, but I think I will do it. Let me know how it goes. We are a little nervous to see how Aiden does with another baby. It all works out though I'm sure.
Looks like you had a great time at the zoo! We bought presents for my kids also, but since Beau was 5 weeks early I was not ready so Brian had to buy them something and bring it up to the hospital. We wrapped it up and said Beau wanted to give them a present for being his Big sister and brother. Journee got a cinderella doll and Brayden got a power ranger. They loved it and told Beau Thanks and gave him a kiss on the head. When Brayden was born Journee got a tote bag with coloring books, crayons and puzzles she wasn't even 2 though and she loved that as well. Good luck with the last part of it. See ya in about 2 weeks!
you know we had family members give Brynn gifts.. but all she really wanted was to be around her new brother. I have heard that some kids really like having a new toy or something... I guess it depends on the kid.
this time around.. we didn't do anything with the twins.. but they still adjusted pretty well because Christmas was only a few weeks away. ;)
sorry to hear about the diarrhea.. that totally sucks. been there before honey.. no fun! Hope he feels better. make sure you are making him chug that pedialyte (or the popsicles work too)..
I love the zoo. That sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to take my baby girl to the zoo. Probably not till next summer! But anyway! How is everything? It's so exciting to see Tatum's blog and your blog. Funny that we have known eachother since we were like 8. haha. Anyway good luck with your delivery!
How fun! I love the zoo. I can't wait to take Bode some time.
Post a Comment