Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Just a little update

I haven't posted in a while so I figured I would give you a little update on each of us.




Callie
She is doing good now, but things had to get worse before they got better. We switched her to a SOY formula to see if it would help and for the first week it worked good. Then she was horrible again and was constipated all the time which made everything that we tried ineffective. She was in so much pain because she wasn't going to the bathroom. So now she is back on regular formula and we have put her on Zantac, which is for acid reflux. It has worked wonders and she is so much happier now. Every time you talk to her she smile's and coos at you. I have tried to get a picture of it but I keep missing it. This is the closest I have come but it is a little blurry. I am so grateful that she feels better now and we can just enjoy holding her.



Kolsen
What can I say about my little man. For starters, we tried potty training a few weeks ago. TRIED being the key word. After a bath one day he was running around naked before I could catch him and I said "Lets put a diaper on so we don't pee on the floor" and he said "NO" So I asked if he would go on the potty and he said "Yeah potty!!!" So we went in and sat down and he actually went pee. I was so shocked and excited so we got out his little bug seat and put it on the toilet and I decided we would give it a try. He did good all morning and went several times. I was taking his pants off so much that I just let him run around in a diaper which was a bad idea. In the afternoon he came to me and said "I poop" and I looked down to see that he had his diaper off and there was poop on his bum and down the hall. So we cleaned it up and it all went down hill from there. Callie had a really bad next few days (this was during the constipation) and I was not handling things very well so we decided that until we got Callie under control and I had more patience we would wait. He probably would have done it if I was persistent because I think he is ready, but I want it to be a good experience and it is to hard with a really fussy newborn. So we will try again in a few months. Other than that he is doing really good. He is talking a lot better and is at such a fun age. Except for the tantrums but I guess that comes with a 2 years old. The picture I posted is how we find him every time he takes a nap. He loves to get buried in everything. I can't believe he doesn't wake up drenched in sweat.

Jason and Natalie
My wonderful husband is a Mexican now! I need to get a picture of him, but he hates pictures. He recently started to do yard jobs for his dad's company so he is out in the sun all day long. He has some major tan lines!!! It is pretty funny. I have been helping him out the past few days and don't know how he stands it. It is so hot and very hard work, but I think I lost five pounds so I guess it isn't all bad. I have to thank my family too because I couldn't do anything without there help watching our kids. Thanks mom and Rachel!!! You don't know how much we appreciate it!!!
I have also started working. We had to figure something out because Jason is starting school next week and we will be dirt poor for the next two years. So I have started working for the company too. My mom and I are doing FRESHEN UPS. That is where you go to all the vacant homes and do several things to make sure the home is in good shape to show potential buyers. It is pretty fun and it will hopefully help with the bills. Well, that's all that is new with us. We are just keeping busy with callings, school, jobs, and kids. But we are loving life and wouldn't change a thing. Except how much school is going to cost!

5 comments:

Brooke Brooks said...

Callie is adorable! She is getting so big. And potty training is not fun at all! But it gets better!

Britt said...

haha.. I love how you said Jason is a mexican. I feel the same way about Brad. He has been working outside now... and he is definitely looking like a mexican. lol. I am glad you got things figured out with Callie. She is so gorgeous.

Justina Selim said...

That's great that she is happier now. I can't imagine!

Tatum said...

I am glad you guys are doing well esp. Callie, SO CUTE! What is Jason going to major in? And where will he be going to school? Thanks for the update, you have such a cute famiy!

The Thompson's said...

Parker does the same thing, completely covers himself with everyting on his bed. I have a few pictures of his pillow on top of him. Its so crazy especially in this heat. Also, good luck with school Jason. Believe me, I know how it sucks being poor since Jeremy is in Med school, however, ours is way more than 2 years. It seems like a life time. I just keep telling myself it will all pay off in the end. I know it will for you guys too.