So we have started really working on potty training lately. Kolsen is doing so good and has done so much better than I ever thought! He hasn't had very many Pee accidents and loves his "BIG BOY UNDERWEAR." He did however have a very bad Poop accident on Monday. It got all over him and was disgusting. We made a big deal out of it and showed him that it was gross to be poopy and told him that it has to go in the potty from now on. As we were cleaning it up he just kept saying "YUCKY MOM" and we would say "Yeah that is yucky and we don't go poop in out pants". Anyway, the next day he didn't go all day and I was getting worried that he was holding it and sure enough when we put a pull-up on him that night for bed, he pooped in it and said "Yucky MOM". So I thought that it was going to be a while before he got that down. So I forgot about it until he came to me the next day and said "Mom POOP!" So we went in to the bathroom, and he did it on the potty! We were so proud and got so excited that he did it and made it a big deal so he would want to do it again. Then yesterday I was in my room getting ready and he came in with nothing on from the waist down, and said "MOM POOP". So I figured he had to go and told him to run to the potty and go in the potty. When I got in there, I saw that he had unrolled the toilet paper all over the floor so I started to get mad and then he pointed to the potty and said "I POOP MOM". So it made me stop and when I looked in the toilet and there it was. I was so shocked and couldn't believe that my
2 1/2 year old went to the bathroom, took everything off, pooped, and wiped all by himself and then came and told me. So I couldn't get mad at him for the mess because I wanted him to know that he did such a good job. I love Kolsen and I am so excited that I am done with diapers. I have tried letting him sleep in underwear for naps too and he hasn't had any accidents yet. So we are down to a pull-up for bedtime and that is all. I know this a silly post, but any mom who has tried to potty train a kid can relate to how exciting this is. Thanks for listening!!!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
I can't believe I am talking about POOP!
Posted by The Davis's at 10:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so jealous!! I wish I was done with diapers, but considering Kernan pooped in the shower on Sunday and then once he got out and before we had a diaper on him he pooped again in his room... He has no interest in being potty trained!! Good Job Kolsen!! LOVE YOU!!
ps- I need pictures or you need to set up your webcam! We're all dying up here?! :)
Dang, that's awesome.
That's a HUGE accomplishment!! Congrats!
Wow! That is so great. Mason was horrible to poop train. It took him forever. He would hide in his room and poop on the floor. Or do it in his pants and try to clean it up himself. Yeah messy stuff right there! Congrats to Kolsen for being such a big boy already.
Post a Comment