Friday, February 13, 2009

Memories

OK so for those of you who didn't know Jason and I in high school, here is a little insight behind this post.


In high school Jason drove around in a very interesting car. We called it
" THE COW CAR".

It was a 1986 Toyota Tercel... Had faded cow seat covers (hence the name the COW CAR) which became a yucky brown color... The rear view mirror was held on with a rubber band that would brake from time to time because it would get brittle from the sun...It had only one side mirror until Jason broke it off while trying to scare me by driving to close to a barricade (A good I told you so moment for Me!)...The roof was falling apart on your head and when it did you would inhale all the dust from the lining(Which we will probably get cancer from)...AND Because it was so old, it broke down every other weekend. Which looking back is a blessing because Jason is very good at fixing cars now!

At first I was so embarrassed to be seen in the thing, but slowly I started to really come to love it and it made me get over my fear of what other people thought of me. We have so many good memories in that car. Some of which consist of driving it through the desert and almost getting it stuck and high centered on a hill because we thought we could make it over and jump it. Another was cramming our Friends in it to drive from seminary to school. One day we fit 9 of us in it with 5 in the back and 4 in the front. Which in a normal car would have been fine, but it was a VERY SMALL car. But, I think the best one was that it had no shocks, so when you rocked your body back and forth the car would rock up and down like it had hydraulics. Whenever we would pull up to a car in the high school parking lot that was all decked out and had good hydraulics we would "bump" our car up and down and make everyone laugh. Then when we would dive it down the street and do the same thing we could actually get it JUMPING off the ground. It was hilarious. I have several pictures of it but they are packed in storage so I can't show you but I hope you get the picture. Even now as I write our memories it makes me laugh.
Anyway, to the point of my post... I found this letter the other day as I was going through my paperwork to file and it made us laugh for a while. Not only does it bring back memories of our little car, but the way Jason words his letters always made me laugh. He was is so creative and I never knew what I would get next. Here it is.

8 comments:

Brian and Jessica said...

That letter is cute!! Oh we were so funny in high school!! And we ALL have memories of that car!! LOL!!

PC&Trev said...

hahahaha, what a nerdo! That was so funny. I read it twice and chuckled. That car did leave memories in everyone's minds, it's funny how many people did fit into that thing. Wasn't it Holly's first, hahaha.

Britt said...

That is awesome. I totally remembered that car too. lol.

Rich and Nicole said...

i remember being squished in front seat with you and my leg kept hitting the stick out of gear!

Heather Jackson said...

I MISS THE COW CAR!!! lol that thing was such a pile of junk! lol

Brooke Brooks said...

Hahaha! I remember when we high centered the car. we had to rock it back and forth to get it off the hill that was at the back of Jason's house. So much fun.

PC&Trev said...

I'm hoping you have some pictures from Ciara's wedding! If you do, email me.

Hillary Hall said...

Jason is hilarious. That letter is too cute. I think I saw you today at PV Mall. I wasn't sure and didn't want to look like a total idiot walking up to a total stranger if it wasn't you. If it was, I just wanted to say hey! :)