Monday, September 21, 2009

Another Callie thing

I know I just did a Callie post but she has been so much fun lately. We just got enough courage last week to take her Binki or "BeBeT" away and have had a hard few days. I have been thinking about taking it away for a while now because she was getting soooo attached to it, but didn't know if I was ready yet. But, the other night she woke up every few hours because it fell out of her mouth and she couldn't find it so I was done. We woke up the next morning and I decided to cut the top off and tell her it was broken. That is how we did it with Kolsen and it worked great. So I cut just the tip off and gave it to her. When I told her it was broken she sucked on it and took it out and looked at it several times. Then she handed it back to me and said "No BeBeT". I looked at her and said " Sorry Callie but the binki is broken" and she said "No, my BeBeT." The way she was saying it I could tell the she wanted me to fix it so I told her that if she didn't want it she should go throw it away. Anyway, she forgot about it after that until her nap. When I put her in her crib she called for it several times so I brought it in and gave it to her again. She threw it down and started crying. It took about 30 min and finally she gave up. When she woke up, she asked for it again. So I got her out of the crib and gave it to her while I explained again that it was broken. She sucked it, looked at me and then walked out of the room with a determined look. I had no idea what she was doing so I followed her. She went right over to the trash and threw it away. I could not believe it. It was so funny! Anyway, she did really good during the days, but we had a few rough nights. She is doing great now and I don't think she misses it at all. I don't either!


So after that tough week, yesterday we were playing with the kids and I was tossing a ball around and Kolsen and Callie thought it was HILARIOUS! I don't think I have ever heard them laugh like that. Of course, when you grab the camera it isn't the same, but here is a clip we caught of it. The video is really dark, but you can still hear it. Callie did this for about 20 min. It was a nice ending to a long day.

Here is another video of her singing "Happy Birthday." We just celebrated Kim's Birthday last week and when we sang, Callie started singing along and hasn't stopped since. I love the way she puckers up her lips at the end! She is also saying a ton of words so here is Binki and Blanket. She is at my favorite age!!!

2 comments:

Brian and Jessica said...

Gosh I miss her!! We were supposed to live by each other forever so we wouldn't miss all this!!! MOVE HERE!! Ü We're coming down in the next couple months we just need to figure out when is a good weekend, it's a bit busy up here! But we'll let ya know when we know! haha! Give that little girl a kiss and hug from me!! Kolsen too!! Miss you guys!!

Oh, and I find it funny that we took Kernan and Callie's binki's away at the same time! One more embarrassing thing to point out when they get married! Ü

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

That laughing ball movie was just too cute! We took Clark's binky away about a month ago. He did the same thing as Callie. I gave it to him for his nap when he cried for it and he goes, "Uh-oh. Broke." He would just throw it on the floor. We cut the tips off too. It's so nice. Clark kept waking up a night too becuase he would lose his. It's nice to have one less thing to keep track of around the house. Callie is getting so big and her hair is getting so long! Can't wait to see you guys in a few months :)