
Here are some pictures and stories from our Annual Labor Day Family Reunion:
How many pictures does it take to get a good one of our family?
Answer: that is for another post
This is a bad one of me because I hadn't shower in several days, but it is the only one I had with Tanner!!
Kolsen was so excited about all the animals. The best thing that happened was at about 2:00 in the morning the first night. There was a heard of Elk that went through camp. They sounded so close and you could hear them talking to each other and scrapping on trees so we got up to check it out. We couldn't see anything because it was to dark. When we got up that morning we saw marks on the trees about 10-20 feet from our tent. It was kind of scary but it was so neat to hear them so close.
Here were some of the Adult games
Lovely Alan!!

The camp fires were awesome. That makes the whole camping experience for me. But my poor little Kolsen. It was hilarious because at about 9:00 after a long day with no nap, we were sitting around the fire eating popcorn and Kolsen started telling me he wanted to go to bed. I was in the middle of talking so I told him to wait just a minuet and I would take him. Not two minuets later I looked down to see him totally asleep still eating his popcorn. I think he put 6-8 more pieces in his mouth but he was totally out. So I told Jason to come over and look and several people heard me and came with him. So my poor little guy was being watched at by 10-20 people while he "slept ate" his popcorn. It was even more funny because we were all so worn out and tired. It gave us all a good laugh. The best thing was when I woke him up to take him to bed he said "Where is my popcorn" and I had to let it sleep by him or he wouldn't lay down. The kid loves popcorn!
Alan's Favorite Hang out. :-)

This was a hilarious moment that I missed! Kim got it on camera for me. For anyone who knows my little Callie, you know she is scared to death of people, especially men. So when Kim saw this she had to get a picture. Callie thought that this was Jason and went up and hugged him. Then she decided to look up so he would hold her and about had a fit because she realised that it wasn't her daddy. Soooooo Funny! Poor little shy thing!

My dirty Little girl!
Poor Callie: She just doesn't do good in big groups of people and has an even harder time when she is tired and doesn't nap. So you can imagine how she was by the second day. It was getting really hard to enjoy anything because she was so fussy, so my awesome parents came to the rescue! They came up on Saturday to drop off Heather and said that they could take her home if we wanted them to. It was such a huge blessing! I missed having my little girl with us, but you should have seen her face when I said "Do you want to go home with Grandma?" She about jumped out of my arms and into hers. So my mom took her and we got her loaded. I went to give her a hug before we put her in the car and she started crying because she thought I was going to take her back with me. It was kind of sad but more funny. My mom said that when they drove off she was smiling bigger than ever and she was waving saying bye bye! She also said that she didn't fuss the entire time she had her. The girl is not a good camper. Maybe next year. THANK YOU MOM AND DAD FOR SAVING THE TRIP FOR THE REST OF US!! Also thank you Alan and Debbie for such a good trip camping. We love our famliy and are so lucky to have all of you!!




1 comments:
Poor Callie!! Good thing Grandma and Grandpa came to the rescue!! You all look like you had fun!! Love the picture of dirty campin' Kolsen!!
Post a Comment