On one of the day's, Alan and Debbie were so sweet and they watched all of the kids while all of the adults went shopping in New York. It was so much fun! We got to see so many different sights and Jason and I got to ride in our first cab and it was my first time on a subway. It wan't as bad as I thought it would be.
The only down side was, it was freezing. I mean literally. I think the high that day was 23 but it was windy so it was even colder than that. Although, it was fun to bundle and get to use cute scarf's and gloves. We never get to do that at home.
The only down side was, it was freezing. I mean literally. I think the high that day was 23 but it was windy so it was even colder than that. Although, it was fun to bundle and get to use cute scarf's and gloves. We never get to do that at home.This is Jason and I in front of the Manhattan Temple. I never would have known it was a temple except for Moroni on top. It is in the middle of down town and looks like all the other buildings. Holly and Craig were telling us that it is hard for most people to go to the temple over there because it costs about $150 to make the trip. The babysitters over there charge $10 an hour and it takes about 3 hours there, 3 hours at the temple and 3 hours back. so that alone is $90 and then to park in the parking lot and take a cab it is about $50. I thought that was so crazy and it makes me so much more grateful for the Mesa Temple being so close.

Here is the famous Rockefeller center tree. It was huge, but I was a little disappointed with it. The only decorations it had on it were lights and the tree itself was pretty ugly and wilted. It does look pretty in this picture though.

Here are some of the things I bought in china town. We found some great deals on all of this stuff. Especially my REAL Coach purse. We didn't find one the day I went, but the Guys went back the next day to get some suits and while they were waiting for them to be tailored they went back to china town. When they were in a stores some girls came in and asked to see the coach purses. She pointed to the wall of them and they said "No I want a real one." The lady looked around and had a man stand outside the shop and went to a locked cabinet and pulled a few out of a drawer. Jason saw all of this and knew that I would love this one so he bought it for me for dirt cheap. What a good husband! The one below is a Prada bag and I got a Prada wallet also. Soooo Cute!!! Thank you so much Alan and Debbie for such a fun day and an awesome trip!!! We can't thank you enough!








1 comments:
Super cute finds! I love the purses. You'll have to tell me how much the "deal" was. I love that the store opened a "real" cabinet. I'm glad you tried the subway. That's something I want to try if we ever go. I have a cousin that lives a couple hrs from the city, we really need to go visit.
Post a Comment