Monday, February 04, 2008

Cute Story and a Family Update

I love the innocence of kids and the cute things they do. To preface the story Jason loves to put things under Kolsen's shirt so he can't get them out and Kolsen loves it. Well, we were making dinner last night and he was helping us in the kitchen when he came over to my tummy and said "BALL." I didn't understand him at first and then he said it again and tried to lift up my shirt to see what was under there. It was so funny and it had Jason and I rolling. I bet that is hard for kids to understand. Anyways, we are doing good over here. The baby is getting a lot stronger and keeping me up at night, which is fine cause I don't sleep anyways. She is getting to the point that you can watch my tummy go crazy at night. She gets really active about 9:00 at night and goes strong for about an hour. It is a very strange but fun feeling. It also reassures me that she is still growing good. We have our 3D ultra sound next Monday so we will hopefully get some good pictures of her.
Jason is doing alright too. He is very busy with his school classes and working full time, but he is so good about making time for Kolsen and I still. He also received a new calling that will help out a lot. He and Brian are in scouts and have activity's every Tuesday night. He said it is a lot of fun and now he can rest on Sundays and not have to teach a lesson. Our ward also split yesterday. We were in desperate need of it. Bishop said that we had 300 members a year ago when the stake split and we grew to 774 members. It is good to see so much growth, but it is so hard to get to know anyone when there are that many new people every week. So we will see how much the split helped next week. Our time changed to 8:00 too which is so much better than 1:30.
Kolsen is doing awesome too except for sleeping. I thought we were so lucky when he loved his bed so much in the beggining and slept good through the night but boy was I wrong!!! He for the last two weeks has been waking up several times a night and coming into our room crying. Some times you can tell that it was a bad dream but usually he just heard a noise. He is a very light sleeper (like Jason) and if he hears anything he gets scared and comes running in. It has gotten to the point that if he comes in more than once or twice we have to put the monitor in there and lock the door so he can't get out. I am sure it is just a phase, but it is so hard to know he is scared of his big room and there is not much I can do about it. If anyone has any good ideas we would love to hear them. Well, I will stop rambling on about us. It is only Monday and I am already wishing it was the weekend. Hope everyone has a good week!

2 comments:

Justina Selim said...

Hey. That is so cute that he thinks there's a ball under your shirt! Do you think he gets it at all that there is a baby? It's weird to think about how much they really do and don't understand.

About the sleeping thing, Aiden was the worst sleeper FOREVER!!! I know that mostly it was my fault because I was never good about having a bedtime routine and we weould let him sleep with us a lot and bla bla bla. A few months ago I had only slept through the whole night 1 time since he had been born!! But, he is finally sleeping through the night now. It took a while for him to start but ever since I started doing things this way he has been continually improving. I read this book by Elizabeth Pantley called the No cry sleep solution. There is a special section on toddlers or there is another book by her that is the same title but is specifically for toddlers and preschoolers and it has some special sections on specific problems like fear of dark or bad dreams. Anyways, hope this helps. Sorry for the way long comment! haha.

Britt said...

The sleep thing can be SO frustrating. It's almost hard for me to remember back to that stage of my older two kids (I know.. hasn't been THAT long). I do remember us having to lock their doors also. I know you feel just awful about it.. no one likes hearing their child screaming or terrified. When our son woke up constantly, we would go in and comfort him and sometimes Brad had to give him a blessing to calm his little body down. Also.. another thing that helped was playing music in their room at night..we chose Enya or I've even heard people doing the hymns. It helped my kids not be so light of sleepers. You need him to sleep well so that when he hears that baby girl screaming you won't have TWO kids up. ;) Hope some of that helped. Keep me updated.