Wednesday, April 23, 2008

THE STORE IS NOW AN ADVENTURE!!!

Well, I had my first two kid shopping trip. It was quite the experience! I took Kolsen and Callie to Fry's a few days ago all by myself and they didn't have any of those CAR shopping carts so I had to use a regular one. Which meant that Callie sat in front with her car seat and I had to put Kolsen in the back with all of our groceries. Kolsen has never sat in the back before so he was very excited. A little too excited because by the time we were done every box we had was opened, we had spilled half a bottle of Windex on the floor, the package of hot dogs had several bite marks on them, and I had to load the groceries in the cart myself after they were bagged because the girl didn't want to put them next to him. It was very interesting and we will definitely be teaching him how to either walk along side the cart or that he needs to help me load and unload so he has something to do. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!! I don't know how people with more kids do it! He is such a good little boy and I know it could have been much worse so I guess I shouldn't complain too much! KIDS MAKE LIFE SO MUCH FUN!!!

9 comments:

Justina Selim said...

That is so funny! I have been wondering about stuff like that and what it will be like. I would just be glad if Aiden would sit in the cart while we grocery shop. As soon as he sees me grabbing a cart he says no walk! He is all over the place. I spend the whole time telling him to hold on and stay by me. I have also realized that grocery stores are organized to sell dumb toys to kids! They are at the end of every aisle! He grabs them and puts them in the cart and says buy it. It is kinda funny though.

Brooke Brooks said...

The only way I have found that it is possible is to put the baby in a wrap or Snugli and wear her. It's not easy at all with two little ones!

Erin said...

Hi Natalie--
Congrats on Callie! She is a doll. Does your Fry's have the little Kids' Corner thing? It's like a play center you could leave Kolsen in while you shop (totally supervised)! If not, try putting Kolsen in the front, then set your carseat across the back and put the groceries underneath. Hope that helps! Good luck!
Erin

Naylor Family said...

Glad to hear everything went ok with Callie! What a little cutie! Grocery shopping gets easier, but I try to go when Justin's home, or on Saturday. A couple of times I've done Safeway.com grocery delivery! It's fabulous!

PC&Trev said...

You need a baby carrier. I told you I had one, it was great. Then Kolsen can sit in the front. Good Job though. Motherhood is defiantly hard work.

Britt said...

i can't possibly go with all four kids...so i find someone to watch them or wait until brad is home. you can think clearly and get done much faster. if not...the baby carrier would do great.

Anonymous said...

I love the matching baby pictures, they look alot alike. Shopping with 1, 2, 3 kids, it is still the most fun to do it alone. She is a doll. I love the pictures your friend took, the one with the ring around the toe is the best. Take care, Tammi

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

I do what Erin does. I lay the carrier sideways across the back of the cart suspended above the cart and I shove the groceries underneath it. Then Mally sits in the seat up front. When Mallory was Kolsen's age I would get her those animal cracker cookie things that come in the circus car box with the string on top and let her snack on those whilke I shopped. She loved the cookies and she loved to point at and talk about all the animals on the box! Then I would just pay for the empty box when I checked out. No one seemed to mind and hey - it kept my kid quiet in their store!!

Jami said...

I'm with the Snugli. I had a Baby Bjorn when Linkin was born and it was the only thing that saved me since I had two other kids. Just make sure and nurse Callie before you put her in it because being so close to my milk woke Linkin up and she'd be hungry and crying to eat. But having Callie ON you will not only keep her happy because she's cuddled up with you, but you'll still have two hands to shop and have access to Kolsen. :0)